viernes, 10 de febrero de 2012

Somebody That I Used To Know - The Key Of Awesome

Now and then we like to play one guitar together
and that’s convenient since we only have the one
Tony sold our other instruments
to pay some gangsta’s but he’s still in debt
and if they catch him he will surely be dismembered

Tony is addicted to a wide array of narcotics (Thumbs Up for Tony!)
He says that they help him write but we’re a cover band
I’m not sure why we keep him in the band
Maybe it’s because he drives the van
The rest of us can only drive an automatic

This used to be just my guitar
Now Dave is banging on it like he’s f-ckin Tito Puente
We all look sad because we are all starved
tonight for dinner we’re splitting a candy bar

We are the poorest band in the world
We have to act like we’re camping but we’re really homeless
And I don’t even own this voice
We had to borrow it from Peter Gabriel

Don’t you know you gotta Shock The Monkey
Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
Sledgehammer!

Oompa loompa doompadee doo
My feet are cold cause Tony sold my shoes

I don’t think that we should blame our problems all on Tony
Tony is not the only dead beat in this band
I don’t wanna name any names
but Derick, Timothy and Dave
each have fooled around with me
I threw up this morning now I’m gonna have a band baby

You could have mentioned that before
How could we afford to put a kid through kindergarten?
Hey guys where did Tony go?
You know that Tony can’t be left alone
And now he’s got the camera
If he sells it then we will officially have nothing
There is nothing Tony can’t destroy
but no one else knows how to do the plinky noise

(The clinking noise)
We need Tony!
(To do the Clinky noise)
Somebody get Tony!
(He does the clinky noise)
And send us some money
for the clinky noise

My stomach feels funny!